Are you interested in learning how to make the most of your social media to promote your art and have a more professional approach with fans and followers without losing your essence? Do you believe you don’t have what it takes just because you’re not an experienced designer, editor, or content creator or you don’t have the financial funds to invest in a successful social media strategy? Do you think social media is not your thing since you’re not very funny and can’t dance like most “TikTokers”? You don’t even have a clue of what a TikToker is?
Then this Social Media Marketing for Creators workshop is definitely a great start for you!
You will leave this session with the basic knowledge of social media marketing, tools and techniques to help you launch successful social media campaigns to help you build your social media brand and the knowledge you need to stay on top of current trends.
During this talk, we will cover:
- What is social media marketing?
- How can social media help artists grow their relevance? (What are the risks and opportunities for artists on social media?)
- Where should you be? (What you need to know about the most popular social media platforms.)
- How to set up a profile, channel, or page
- Tips for creating engaging social media content
- Best practices for each platform
- How to use social media to promote your brand and build strong connections
- Social media paid campaigns: when and how to use them
- What is social media monitoring and why you should care
- Social media management tools
This is a Free Workshop. To Register Click Here.
Fabiola has an honors degree in communications from the University of Ottawa. She has a decade of professional experience in digital communication. Including work at the International Development and Research Centre, her current leadership position at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Outside of her day job, she serves as director of communications for a local mental health awareness organization and provides her expertise to private entities through her company Sussex New Media.
Rafael is a Brazilian journalist and digital marketing professional living in Ottawa since 2018. In his home country, he worked for several years as a content creator and digital strategist for TV shows such as "Big Brother" and "The Voice", as well as soap operas and series like "Young Hearts" and "Now Generation", both nominated for the International Digital Emmy Awards. Rafael is also a very active member of the theatre scene in Ottawa, having worked backstage or as a marketing professional for over 15 productions so far. His latest position was as a Projections Designer for the local remount of the jukebox musical "Rock of Ages" at Centrepointe Theatre last March.