SAW Video is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the city of Ottawa. As such we are referencing public health updates and recommendations in our activities and services. We wanted to check-in with all workshop and programming event attendees about what this specifically means for SAW Video as the health of our staff members and those who we engage with is a top priority. We also would like to address that we are only responding to substantiated facts and remaining cool, calm and collected in our response to this situation.
- Listed below are the precautionary steps we are currently taking as a centre:
- Requesting that all who interact with the centre but especially those that are currently registered for events, be diligent about pre-screening themselves for any symptoms related to the coronavirus.
- Requesting that all who have symptoms related to the coronavirus, opt out of participating in our events. Accommodations can be made for workshop registrants to participate virtually.
- On top of our regular daily hygiene and cleaning procedures, we are closely following additional recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) regarding the sanitization of high-touch areas
- Promoting best practice hygienic measures with all staff, members and attendees.
- Ensuring that rental equipment is sanitized.
- Restricting the booking of some audio and VR related equipment, specifically those which interact with the face/mouth area.
We will continue to keep you updated as our response to the situation progresses and provide any updates that may affect your access to the centre/our services. We encourage members and the general public to learn more by accessing the information available through Government of Canada Health Services website:
We also encourage our members and the general public to be calm and considerate to one another, react only to reliable sources and take good care of yourselves.
SAW Video Team